Saturday, January 9, 2010

An angel speaking

An angel speaking to Nephi said:

1 Ne 14:10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.


The angel continues.

1 Ne 13:6-9 And it came to pass that I beheld this great and abominable church; and I saw the devil that he was the founder of it.
7 And I also saw gold, and silver, and silks, and scarlets, and fine-twined linen, and all manner of precious clothing; and I saw many harlots.
8 And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold the gold, and the silver, and the silks, and the scarlets, and the fine-twined linen, and the precious clothing, and the harlots, are the desires of this great and abominable church.
9 And also for the praise of the world do they destroy the saints of God, and bring them down into captivity.



Is it so simple that when we set our hearts on the things of this world and for the praise of men that we commence to be a part of the devils' great and abominable church? Wow, this is so eye opening to me and reminds me of the parable of the sower that Jesus spoke of. And then when we belong to that abominable church, we then seek to destroy the saints of God. What a horrible thought!

Boyd K. Packer said"Satan is the deceiver, the destroyer, but his is a temporary victory.'

'The angels of the devil convince some that they are born to a life from which they cannot escape and are compelled to live in sin. The most wicked of lies is that they cannot change and repent and that they will not be forgiven. That cannot be true. They have forgotten the Atonement of Christ.'

“For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him” (D&C 18:11)."


It has been said that the Book of Mormon is the most anti-romantic book written. Yes, that would seem so to me. It doesn't seek to put rose-colored glasses on me AT ALL! Thank goodness!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I am really growing to love you Sar! What an incredible post you have written here. Now I know why you love Elder Holland so much - you tell it like it is just like he does. When he speaks with conviction and boldness, it takes you back a bit, and if you aren't in the right spirit (what you said to me recently) then you have a hard time hearing him - he is scary.

I never ever want to not be able to stand hearing the truth. I don't ever want to become decieved by Satan either. So PLEASE feed me more! You definitely have a gift for writing testimony. You have an incredible knowledge of the truth and I admire it. You are wonderful. I feel so blessed to have a sister like you.

I am so very grateful that my eyes of understanding have been opened and I can read what you have written here...and REJOICE!

Joanna said...

Oh, if you can't tell, you have given me a boost of energy! Thank you! Isn't this work exciting? Imagine if there were more people like you - strength in numbers - yes!

Botts said...

Oh Jo! You are so nice.

Yes this work is exciting! It's funny because your comment gave me a boost of energy.

I think that is so wonderful that you can read my post and rejoice. Of course it isn't me that gives you those wonderful feelings! And I know what you mean when you say that you are so grateful that your eyes of understanding are opened. Me too! It is a gift because I remember what if felt like to NOT understand it. It was darkness. I never want to feel like that again. So, yes I am grateful to God that He opened my eyes to understanding too.

I love you too Jo! I love that we can rejoice together in the good word of God! Strength in numbers! Sisters in the Lord!