Sunday, July 7, 2013

Beauties

As I sit here on this beautiful Sabbath early evening, listening to the rain gently drop on the windows and listen to Vanessa practice the theme song from '17 Miracles,' I am simply amazed at God's love to mankind. It warms my heart to think of all the beauty around me.  When times are tough and it seems like the world all around me is so full of sorrow, I love to think on all the joy I feel from the simple beauties of life.  Our grass and garden have been so thirsty lately that it occurred to me to pray for rain.  It was a simple prayer, really, and went like this, 'Heavenly Father, I don't know if anyone else needs or wants rain right now, but we do here at our house.'  Since that prayer, and I've prayed a similar one a few times since, we have received rain 3 times.   My lawn looks so much better and it seems that the rain from heaven turns the grass a beautiful green.  I wish my lawn would look this nice from the sprinklers.  We got to partake of the first yields of our vegetable garden 2 days ago.  What a joy!  It was zucchini and summer squash.  Jared and I have to fight over it because Rex, Bruce, and Joseph love it.  Bruce, age 3, looked on my cookie sheet to see what I was making and when he saw the vegetables he exclaimed, 'Oh yes, I love these!  I can't wait!'  I love that he loves them.  Joseph is the usual culprit that we have to fight over the fruits and vegetables with, so now Bruce and Rex are worthy contenders.  It is a good thing we planted a garden so I don't have to feel stingy about sharing in all the good food.



2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

How wonderful that your children love the veggies! Thanks for sharing the story about the rain. He does hear and answer our prayers.

joanna said...

Loved this simple little beauty of a post, Sarah. :)