Monday, February 15, 2016

Ex Mormon #10

I had a dream last week that was pretty interesting.

I was on a football team. A game was being played. I was on the sideline and wanted to go in the game. I was all excited when the coach says to me, "No. You can't go in. It's not your turn." I was totally bummed to hear that and my excitement destroyed. 

That pretty much sums up how I feel in my life right now. I'm totally injured from injuries I sustained from a fall 10 years ago, and I have athletic injuries from exercising too soon after having a baby.

So, add leaving a religion and the beliefs that were once so dear to me, and I feel completely broken and out of the game of life.

But, it is telling that I was ready to get in the game. To get a chance to have the chance to make a difference in the game. 

The bench warmers help the starters in practice and their role is vital in regards to the success of their team on game day. The bench warmers need to be ready when called upon to enter the game when the starters need a break, are injured, or the coach wants to run special plays. Sometimes starters are injured indefinitely and a bencher gets to be a starter.

I feel like God is the coach in my life. He has the reins and I'm happy to submit myself to His guidance. I don't know what He's got planned in the future for me. 

When I get to be a part of the game, I think I'd like to go to real estate school. I'd really like to buy beat up houses, fix them up and make them beautiful for people to buy. Sounds good to me.

I love gardening too and another part of me would love to do a nursery.

I'd love to homestead too. Have a bee farm. Own my own cow for my own milk. Have chickens for my own eggs.

Bench warming...

But, if you've ever been a bencher, it's tough to be patient.

No comments: