Friday, July 30, 2010

Baptism

Joseph Cooper Bott is getting baptized by his dad tomorrow. He is our third child to take this important step. Wow!

As the feelings of excitement enter my heart, I can't help but feel the awe at the Lord's love and mercy towards the children of men. Baptism is the gate by which we enter into that leads to the straight and narrow path that leads back to our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is by going down into the water and coming up a new person, through the Lord Jesus Christ. What a great way to go through this life, as a new person in Jesus Christ. As we put off the old person, and place our trust in Jesus, we become holy. Just beautiful!

So many of our extended family relationships are in the dumps, and I feel the emptiness that they won't be sharing in this occasion with us. But, we move onward. I choose not to focus on my sorrow on our special day with our Joseph.

We love you Joseph. And we look forward to your future with excitement and love. The Lord loves you and may the gift of His Son's atonement bring you down into the depths of gratitude and humility all throughout your life, is my prayer.

3 comments:

Veronica Campbell said...

Joseph you're going to have such a wonderful day!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't believe you're already eight, that's crazy!! congrats!!

kimi + joe said...

What a special day indeed. Glad your family will be there to enjoy it!

Joanna said...

I hope it was a special day for the whole family. Wish I could have been there to enjoy the sweet spirit of the baptism and service. Your family is so wonderful and beautiful. Your sincere love and testimony of the Savior is calming and brings a really good feeling in my heart as I read it. You are so great Sar. I really wish you all the happiness and look forward to the day when there will be peace and good feelings with all your relationships.

Love you sis!