Monday, February 13, 2012

Training

Life is busy, but not too busy. The kids are doing well. Jared is busy with his work. I am busy with keeping up with the house and all that comes with rearing 5 energetic children. I think often of a woman who had a dream that she was feeding the missionaries dinner at her home (which she was famous for doing in real life because she rolled out the red carpet for them.) In her dream, there were missionaries at her table for dinner, her family, and a man who she didn't look closely at because she was busy with getting the meal on the table. After awhile, her husband began speaking with the man. And as she made her way over to the man, she recognized him as Jesus. He told her that she had well-trained children, among other things. But, that is the thing that has been going through my mind over and over again. Well-trained children. Training. I want well-trained children. Children with manners, respect, love, giving, full of truth and faith.

I worry about my children. Not the kind of worry that comes because you don't have confidence in your children, just the kind of worry that comes as a result of my own imperfections. It is my greatest wish that my children be ready to go out into the world and be that force for good that would make our Father in Heaven proud. I have full faith and confidence that my children are being taught from the perfect source. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It seems to me that you are doing everything you can to teach your children the gospel. The best training they can have will come from the Holy Ghost. My biggest challenge is making sure that my home is filled with the Holy Ghost and not me losing my temper.

You are awesome. You can do it.

Very cool dream.