Saturday, June 23, 2012

Demise Part 2

In my dreams, I was running, running, running away from the destroyer. Whoever, or whatever it was that was coming to destroy me had me paralyzed. One night in my dream, I was running, running. For the first time the evil spoke directly to me. It said, 'you are next.' I ran into an office where there was a table in the center of the room. I climbed under the table, as if I could hide there. I found a blanket under the table and buried my face in the blanket. I could hear others running around still in the hallways of the building. There I sat under that table and waited to see if the darkness could find me. I hoped and hoped it wouldn't find me. But lo, within a few seconds the dark evil came right up to me. I was terrified and in disbelief that it had found me. As I sat there under my blanket, I began to remember that God is the one in charge and that if He wanted me destroyed at this moment in my life then this evil was given power from Him to destroy me. I decided to face the darkness. If I died, I died and was going home to my Father's home. I took the blanket off my face and saw the darkness right in front of me. It was dark, really, really dark. I looked at it right in the face. But it didn't harm me. It had no power to destroy me. So, I stood up and began making my way out of the building. On my way out, I saw many others frantically running around trying to get away from the darkness, their own pending doom, demise. I was determined to get out of this building and go home. The rest of the dream I'll save for another day. And the rest of the story is equally important. Demise is a powerful thing. None of us wants to lose anything we love and treasure. Are you running, running, running away from something in your life that you need to face? If so, let's talk about it. Let's face the fear so you can stop running. And this is coming from a woman who loves to run, although my bodily circumstances have changed, I still dearly, dearly love to run.

No comments: