Monday, September 10, 2012

Bruce's Birthday

We celebrated Bruce's birthday on Sunday.  He turned 3.  Wow, how time flies!  We had our sweet neighbors down to share cake and ice cream with.  They have become like family to us and we treasure their friendships.  Dare I say that they are the first family that Jared and I have become friends with that we both are equal in our friendships.  Just to explain.  Jared knew the husband from work.  I met his wife soon after we moved 3 lots away from them and we became friends.  In the past, we would double date with couples where Jared was a long time friend of the husbands and I would 'try' to become friends with their wife.  It has just never seemed to work out very well.  There always has seemed to be a wall between me and the wife and as soon as I am done asking all of the questions I can think of, the conversations die. 

Bruce is a sweetheart, who gives us as much trouble as his other siblings.  He is better tempered these days and more reasonable.  His vocabulary and sentence structure are amazing.  He is strong and coordinated.  He loves to ride his bike with training wheels.  He has captured the hearts of many of the adults in the neighborhood and they love him.  He has also effectively captured their sympathy for me in raising this fire ball. 

1 comment:

kimi + joe said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Bruce! I remember seeing photos when he was brand new to this world. It's cliche, but time really does fly.

I know what you mean about double dating with other couples. I'm glad you found equal partners. Joe and I are still searching for ours :)