Thursday, September 27, 2012

More On Roles....

I have spent a great deal of time over the last 10 years pondering my purpose in life.  It has been an intense struggle, as you know from reading my previous blog posts.  An amazing thing is happening as I have become more and more grounded in this knowledge, and that is my testimony and sharing it with others.  I find special satisfaction and joy in telling the youth who they are.  Vanessa, who is now 13, is turning into a beautiful young woman.  She has caught the attention of the neighborhood boys.  They come around frequently, supposedly to see Eric, and they do enjoy his friendship for sure.  But, I see their eyes light up when they see Vanessa come around.  Anyway, these young men invariably search me out.  I love to talk with them and I take every chance I can get to open my mouth and bare testimony to them.  My favorite thing to tell them is who they are.  The joy that has come into my life because of this one thing has been immense.

It just goes to show me that weak things can become strong.  The Lord gives to those who come hungry and thirsty.  I have been fed and now I hope to give back as much as I can and for as long as I can.

No comments: