Thursday, September 12, 2013

Family

What a fun weekend we had!  Paul and Ashley and Wayne and Amy's family came to our house.  Joseph and Rex both had football games and that was what drew the crowd.  We watched the games and then came back home for Jared's yummy smoked brisket, funeral potatoes, and salad.  We had pumpkin cookies for dessert.  Wayne and Amy stayed overnight.  We had such a good time getting to know their family.  Our dog, Baxter, had fun getting to know Wayne's family  They came to Sacrament meeting with us on Sunday, we had leftover brisket dinner, and not long after, they left.

And guess what?  No one got any pictures.  Sounds about right for me.  My kids have broken so many of our cameras that I have a hard time even remembering to bring a camera out. 

We celebrated Bruce's 4 year old birthday on Monday.  We got him a really nice tractor.  He loves it.  Jared's parents came over last night because they wanted to give Bruce a present too.  They got him a neat scooter which he is trying to learn how to ride.  He knows how to ride regular scooters, but this one is a little different and he has had to learn how to ride it.

Today we are putting in shelves in our mudroom and doing schoolwork. 

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Don't worry about cameras. Did your great-grandma record all of their family gatherings? And have you survived without those pictures? Just relax, make happy memories and don't sweat the photos. A few times a year, for very special occasions take photos and that's plenty.

Rozy Lass said...

Hey, I'd like to respond to your questions on my blog, but I'd prefer to email you directly. If you are willing, email me at rozylass@yahoo.com and I'll respond about what happened in our branch and send along my bread recipes and tips.