Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good kids...


Yesterday at the Chiropractor's office, I had to leave the kids alone in the waiting area while I went back to be adjusted. After I came out, I walked to the receptionists desk to make my next appointment, and the lady says to me, "I just have to say, you have the most well-behaved kids. I am impressed. They have been wonderful." They were in the waiting area for 20 minutes.

Since I started homeschooling, it has been one of my biggest challenges and goals to teach my kids about who they are and why they are here on this earth. I tell them frequently how much their Heavenly Father loves them. I try to use as little 'discipline/punishments' as possible because I know they are good kids and they want to obey me. Instead I correct them a lot. And they are kind to me while I'm doing it. I apologize to them as well when I have been too harsh in my corrections.

It has been quite the journey to figure out how to be the mother I want to be. It is such a sacred responsibility.

4 comments:

kimi + joe said...

What a high compliment to your mothering skills! I have no doubt they truly are great kids. They are so lucky to have you as their mother.

Joanna said...

For FHE tonight I read the book Peekaboo I Love you and it is about being gentle. The scripture it has at the back of the book is "Let your gentleness be evident to all." Philippians 4:5 I love that you apologize to them after you have been too harsh with them. That's excellent and a great reminder to me to do that too.

What an adorable bunch of children you have there. I am so impressed too that they were well behaved for 20 min! And that you trusted them by leaving them there alone. They look like they are well behaved children. Great work Sar!

Joanna said...

Just thinking about you guys and just have to say again what a great looking bunch of kids you have there. Their personalities sure shine through...it makes me want to babysit them again. :) Or, you guys could make some plans to move closer to us so we could see you once in a while, and meet that little guys Bruce. :)

Peterson Family said...

Oh Sar, your kids are so cute and so good! You said it best...such good kids and they want to obey.

Did they just sit on that bench the whole time? That is amazing! I am sure Vanessa took good care of Bruce too. Love you guys so much :)

PS After reading Joanna's post....is there a possibility you could move to AZ???? If so...I second that idea...and third it...and fourth it...and so on ;)