Saturday, November 26, 2011

God's Hand

I have been thinking quite a bit lately about President Henry B. Eyring's thoughts on recognizing and writing down God's hand in our lives that happen daily. Immediately the thought comes into my mind of the peace I feel in my heart. I suffered so long with an uncomfortable, blech, in my stomach, that I'm reminded first off that I don't have that constant nagging anymore.

As I search my mind for other things that happened throughout the day, I find myself struggling a bit. So, I asked Heavenly Father. I'm still sifting through the events of the day, and I feel the Spirit as I'm thinking.

I am so grateful for this life and the chance to prove myself. It isn't easy fighting off pride, self-pity, covetting, envying, idolatry, etc. But I have my breastplate of righteousness, my shield of faith, my helmet of salvation, my feet shod with the gospel of peace, and of course my only weapon, the sword of truth.

With the temptations all around me, I feel so blessed to have the knowledge of Jesus Christ and that he is my Master, my King, my Counselor, my strength. I know I can get through it all with Him as my guide.

I love you all. May we each feel the love of the Lord in our hearts. May we feel His acceptance of us and our efforts to live as he lived. If you do not feel his love for you or his acceptance of you, may I suggest you search after it. It can be found and no matter how much effort you put into finding it, it will be worth every effort you make. I know that is true.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So beautiful!

It is worth the effort!!!