Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dr. Gary Thompson

Wow!  The Utah Office of Education isn't building their case for their decision to implement Common Core very well.  Take a look at what Dr. Gary Thompson said today about a meeting he attended where CC was being discussed.  Way to go Dr. Thompson for making your voice be heard!


  • Dr. Gary Thompson said, ' I'm mortified at USOE. I'm half tempted to shoot off (another) letter to the State Superintendent of Schools demanding that they stop all future "informational"meetings until they themselves either know the correct answers, or can be honest and simply state, " we are investigating these issues currently, and we will get back to you when we know the answers." Anything other than that is pure deception, and if they (Judy Park, ect) are deceiving tax paying parents, then they should be asked to resign from their positions of trust. If I here one more meeting filled with deception and plausible deniability, I may take it upon myself to publicly ask for those resignations myself in a very public manner that will make the my Glen Beck appearance look like minor league. 

    It is just common respect. THEY asked for my letter of assistance and clarification. Attorney Flint and myself spent an entire weekend drafting it for them and the parents in our community. 

    Their response over a week later? 

    Crickets. 

    Not even a thank you note....and then they have the gall to present a LIVE feed to the entire State filled with definitive answers to parents questions that not only could they not answer during our 2 hour in person meeting, but asked for our assistance to clarify the issues they did not understand. 

    How hard would it had been to simply say, "We do not know." ??? 
    Ms. Parks response to questions regarding adaptive testing to children with learning "quirks" (out new name for disabilities) was so devious and deceptive that I had to turn it off. 

    Alisa Olsen Ellis, don't you ever stop this fight as long as you have life in you. God bless you.
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Gary Thompson and yes, you can repost my response to the world. As long as you correct my IPhone induced spelling errors.

No comments: