Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baby Blessing

We went to my niece Veronica's baby blessing on Sunday.  What a precious little girl she has!  And what a treat to be able to spend such a special day with her and her family.  It was so good to get to know her husband and to see her after such a long period of absence on my part.  My own problems in my own marriage have caused my long absence.

I saw my parents for the first time in 5 years as well while at this special baby blessing.  It was strange.  But amazingly it went well.  I mean, we didn't break out into a fight or anything!  J/K  Really it was just awkward.  But the awkwardness didn't last.  We definately still have our disagreements, but we didn't discuss those, and I was grateful it went well.  Jared said it was really uncomfortable for him at first because the last time he saw my parent's, he had a fight with them.  My Mom sat down right next to him on the bench at church, while I was several seats away.  But Jared said that he had a powerful experience as he was sitting there where he felt the Lord reach into his heart and take away hurt and pain.  He said that it surprised him that he had that hurt and pain in there because he thought he had worked through his feelings.  But when he had this experience he realized that the hurt and pain was still in there because he felt the Lord take it out.  So, he was able to sit right next to my Mom and feel at peace.  What a wonderful blessing for Jared!

Vanessa had a remarkable experience as well.  She said it was strange to see my parent's holding hands.  Jared's parents don't hold hands and they are the only grandparents she has been around the last several years.  

I am looking forward to the future of mending broken fences.  I'm not sure how it will all work out, but I know that the Lord cares deeply about family and peace.  


4 comments:

kimi + joe said...

This makes me happy. I have no idea what issues you're working through to mend relations with your parents, but I pray that you'll find peace and comfort along the path. I also believe the Lord cares deeply about families and I think it's beautiful that your husband could sit at peace with your mom.

Taylors said...

:) Love this post. Wish we could have been there too!!

joanna said...

What great blessings came as a result of the support you gave to Veronica.

Veronica Campbell said...

Aunt Sarah,
Thank you so much for coming to Eliza's baby blessing, it meant so much to us to have you and your cute family there. I hope we can get to see you more often! We love you!