Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Vanessa

We had a birthday party for Vanessa today.  She invited 3 of her school friends over and they played volleyball, ate dinner, and chatted.  What a refreshing change to be with 14 year old girls.  I remember her 10 year old birthday party and the girls were wild.  The 14 year old girls are calm and respectful.  I loved it!  And wouldn't have a single problem having a birthday party every year for her if she invites girls like she did today.  After her 10 year old birthday party, I seriously thought I would never have a friend birthday party again!  Vanessa still has a friend over right now for a late night.  She lives a couple of doors down from us and is more like a sister to Vanessa than a friend.  They really have a fun relationship.

Alas, I am exhausted.  But happy for Vanessa.  Happy birthday Vanessa!

3 comments:

Taylors said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa!!! 14... holy cow!!!! :) Getting up there ;)

Veronica Campbell said...

Happy Birthday cute girl! Hope you had an amazing birthday!

joanna said...

Now I can tell Abigail how old Vanessa is since I forgot to ask her at the blessing - Abigail was asking me during sacrament and I told her I would ask you after the meeting.

Happy Birthday, Vanessa! So glad it was a fun birthday with good friends. Yeah for good, calm friends! :)