Friday, December 18, 2015

Ex Mormon #2

I left the LDS church before finding out its' true identity.

That is a very important detail.

I left because I had a dream.

I didn't know what I would find out about Mormonism, but with all of the dreams that had already proved prophetic in my life, I wasn't about to ignore the dream I had where my child told me he would rather die than go back to the LDS church.

So, I left the LDS church thinking that I might very well go back. Why?  Because not EVERY dream I've ever had has meant something.  And I wasn't expecting to find what I found.

Praise God that He got through to me.  It still hurts so much, but really, the knowledge didn't come too soon.  As painful as this experience is, I feel so grateful not to be part of an organization that claims to be the one true church when it is not.

Ouch, yes.  

No comments: