Sunday, December 20, 2015

Ex Mormon #3

I have been asked what I do on Sunday's now that I don't go to the LDS Church anymore.

Well, let me tell you some back story first.

When I first was learning of the truth about my lifelong religion, I was spending hours and hours studying.  There was a day where I just wanted a break from it all and read something else. I decided to go to YouTube and find a Christian conversion story. I decided to type in Muslim conversion story and found a few. I was watching some of them when I came upon a man by the name of Walid Shoebat. I was sitting on the couch watching one of his many interviews when my phone's security pulls down a message to me that said, 'Have a safe vacation.'

I was stunned! I had seen my phone say things like downloading updates, or Facebook is safe to open. But, never had I seen anything like, have a safe vacation. 

I sat there for a moment and reflected on the meaning of these words.  Immediately the thought came to me that God knew I was exhausted and burnt out by reading the black beginnings of Mormonism and learning of the complete and total fraud that it is. The other thing that occurred to me is that while God understood my need for a break, He expected me to go back and learn more.

But, lastly, there placed in me a confidence in Walid Shoebat. 

No comments: