Sunday, November 22, 2009

Waiting...

I've been waiting for our photographer to get our family pictures to us before I posted a new post. But, he is taking longer than he promised.. I hope it is worth the wait.

We celebrated our 12th anniversary last week. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then came home to watch a movie. After 12 years, Jared and I feel so grateful to be together.

One of my favorite memories is our 5th anniversary. I had just given birth to little Eric 3 months earlier and was nursing him. But, Jared and I stole away and went out to dinner. We went to the Roof Restaurant in Salt Lake City, at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It was a gorgeous night. It had just started to snow when we got to the restaurant. We got a table with a huge window by it that opens to a beautiful view of the Salt Lake Temple. With huge snowflakes falling, we ate our dinner while gazing at the Temple and the Christmas lights while reflecting back to our wedding day. It was so memorable. The restaurant provided a warmth that matched the warm feelings I had in my heart for Jared. Those feelings are still in my heart, for which I feel very blessed!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary! What a sweet post.

Shalean said...

Love it! Nothing can be better than your hubby, good food that you didn't have to cook, snowflakes, the temple, and being alone!! Happy Anniversary!! Say hi to all of the kiddos from Kayla Sadie and Riley!!