Friday, December 11, 2009

Violin concert

Last night we got to go to Vanessa's violin concert. The concert hall was packed with families. There wasn't a single seat open.

There was such a good feeling in that concert hall. Here there were 400 students who had learned their songs and their families were there to support them. It was so neat.

We brought in those apple suckers with carmel to help keep our boys quiet. I don't know how well it worked because Joseph was biting on his so hard to get the carmel off and the sucker went flying underneath the chairs in front of us. Luckily no one noticed but me.

My visiting teachers came with a great lesson and some yummy home-made fudge earlier in the day. We also went to dinner with the kids to celebrate my 35th birthday. It was a busy and wonderful day!

3 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Happy Birthday Sar!!!! Welcome to 35!!!!!!! It's always so fun to be the same age with you for a couple of weeks. I hope 35 is as good to you this next year as it was for me!

Sounds like Vanessa's violin concert was great! 400....wow! That is a lot of people who performed. How long did it last?
I wish we could have been there and I would have loved one of those carmel apple suckers too. That is too funny about Joseph biting his so hard to get the carmel off. I can totally picture that!!! Haa haa!!!

kimi + joe said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! Sounds like you had a marvelous day!

Joanna said...

I know, those music halls do have a special feeling. Isn't music a blessing. It has really changed my life. I have such a different view of instrumental or orchestra music - it touches my heart now, whereas before I couldn't bear to listen to it. I think it's wonderful that you have Vanessa in violin. A lot of confidence will come to her as she develops this talent. She already has a beautiful presence about her that is striking. Great job Sar.