Thursday, July 19, 2012

Spider Bites

So, on Sunday sometime during the day, I was bitten by a spider.  4 times.  Two of the times I was bitten, it was on the back of my left arm in the fatty tissue there.  Well, by Tuesday night my arm was swollen pretty badly.  So, I called the doctors office first thing Wednesday morning and I was in the doctors office by 5pm.  Well, the swelling had gotten worse by then and the doctor was very concerned.  I, however, was shocked.  I didn't think it would be that big of a deal.  But I had to have a shot of antibiotics in my hip and then off to get a prescription of oral antibiotics and benedryl.  The doctor is really worried because if the infection gets into my elbow joint I'll have to have a surgery to clean out the infection.  If the swelling hasn't gone down significantly by Friday morning, I have to go back into the doctors office for another shot of antibiotics.  Wow, what an ordeal!  I was not prepared to have to go through this.  I thought the doctor was going to roll his eyes at me and tell me to go take some benedryl.  I almost didn't even make the appointment to go see him.

In other news, we are getting ready to celebrate Eric's 12 year old birthday this Saturday.

2 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Oh dear! Hope your arm heals quickly and that the medicine takes effect. Happy early birthday to your boy! Have fun celebrating.

joanna said...

Just yesterday (Sunday too) Lilly got stung by a bee 2 times. One on the palm of her hand and the other on the back of her arm above her elbow in the fatty tissue, right where you got bit. I gave her some allergy medicine pretty quickly after and it improved quickly. Hope that medicine continues to work! Those bites can be pretty scary. Not to ever take lightly - learned about their danger after getting my sickness.