Friday, July 20, 2012

Update on Spider Bite and more...

Thanks Kimi for the get well wishes!

My arm is healing, although very slowly.  The antibiotics are doing their job nicely.  I am steadily seeing improvement.  The morning time is when my arm looks and feels the best.  As the hours go by throughout the day my arm swells more and it gets more painful.  I am still just hoping and hoping to avoid the surgery.  The doctor also told me that if the antibiotics don't clear out the infection, I'll have to go to the hospital for an IV drip of antibiotics.  But, since the swelling is going down more and more each day, I think I won't have to do that.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about belief.  I went visiting teaching last month and while visiting with a woman in our church, the subject of dreams got brought up.  I made the comment that whether you believe the Lord is trying to send you a message in a dream or not depends upon your belief.  The woman said in a sarcastic tone, 'are you saying I don't believe?'  I was a little shocked by her statement, but took the opportunity to explain myself a little better.  I told her how I believe the Lord can speak to us or send us messages in dreams and that if you wonder if he is trying to send you a message in a dream, you can simply ask him.

For example, if you've had a dream where you were in a store staring at strawberries when it is the Sabbath day and you should be at church, you can ask Heavenly Father if he is trying to tell you that you are worshipping strawberries instead of Him.  You may laugh at this simple illustration, but this dream actually came to me.  And if you knew what my day was like the day before I had this dream you'd understand better.  That day I had bought some strawberries at the grocery store.  I was so stingy with my strawberries that I chased my 5 little ones out of the kitchen so I didn't have to share them.  So, do I think the Lord was telling me that my behavior was inappropriate?  Absolutely.

Now, I buy plenty of strawberries and I don't feel stingy with them!

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

So glad your arm is getting better. Spider bites can be scary. Thanks for sharing about the dreams. I've asked about my dreams too and always received an answer; sometime not immediately, but an answer or understanding always comes.