Thursday, November 1, 2012

Doctors

We've been to the doctors' offices a lot lately.  Rex had a 103.3 temperature for 2 days so we ended up in the emergency room Sunday evening with him.  He has strep throat.  Antibiotics are fixing him up nicely.  He gave us a real scare because his fever didn't break for 2 1/2 days after the antibiotics were started.

Since we are so close to meeting our insurance deductible, I decided to go back to get another MRI on my back to see why I am not recovering from my previous back problems, in fact I have gotten worse.  So I went for the MRI.  I got the results back and was told that L3-L5 discs are all bulging.  My primary care doctor wanted to send me to a pain management doctor and I told him, no, that I want to see a neurologist.  I don't want to have to live my life managing my pain.  I want to be free of this pain.  If the neurologist tells me there is something they can do surgically to take some pressure off my nerves in my spine, I will seriously consider surgery.  My right foot is so painful, it makes it very difficult to walk around.  The best way for me to describe it is to imagine being at Disneyland or Lagoon all day long and you go back to your hotel room to get some rest, your feet hurt so bad from being on your feet all day and they ache and hurt.  Now, times that by about 10 and that is how my right foot feels all the time.  All night long.  All day long.  This has been going of for about 2 years.  My right leg is weak too.

Then we had to take Joseph in to an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor because his lymph nodes in his neck are swollen for no apparent reason.  The ENT doctor told him several months ago to watch it and come back if they don't go down.  Well, they haven't gone down.  So we took him and Vanessa back.  Vanessa's tonsils are gigantic and she often gets sore throats.  As soon as the doctor looked in Vanessa's throat he said, "Oh yeah, that tonsil is pretty bad."  He didn't give us a single argument for her.  With Joseph he was a little more hesitant.  But, we have a date set for November 13th for them both to have their tonsils removed. That's just 2 days before my and Jared's 15 year anniversary.  I told Vanessa it is her way to pay me back for the gall bladder surgery I had on her 9 year old birthday.  :D

No comments: