Friday, November 30, 2012

Warm Feet

In the winter months, it is not uncommon for me to get chilled in the evenings.  My feet are my biggest problem with this malady.  As I crawl into bed for the night, I often have to crawl back out of bed because my feet are so cold that I can't fall asleep.  And if by chance I do fall asleep, I awaken several times because my body is working so hard to warm itself.  I'll wake up sweaty and even more chilled, only to have to crawl into a hot tub of water.

So, I've learned to just get up and go sit in a hot tub of water for 20 minutes until my body is warmed through.

That was until 5 nights ago....

And this is why I am writing this post.

I have found another faster way to get warm.  And it doesn't require me getting into a hot tub of water.

I get into bed, pull the blankets over my head and create a 'furnace' under the covers.  I breathe under the blankets for as long as I can stand, all the while my entire body is completely covered.  When I feel suffocated, I uncover my mouth only, and breathe the fresh air outside of the covers, while still remaining completely covered.  Within 5 minutes my hands have warmed up, and I fall asleep.

No more waking up shivering and sweaty.  No more frozen feet.  No more late night baths.

I have done this the last 5 nights with the exact same results.  It is a miracle.  

I had often wondered if I were to ever lose my access to hot water, how I would warm up and fall asleep.  Now I know!

No comments: