Monday, August 26, 2013

Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day here in Tremonton today.  The sun is shining with a few clouds in the sky. 

On today's agenda, I am headed 20 minutes south to Brigham City where I will hand in the form to check my kids out of public school.  I hate the fact that I have to sign my kids out of school because it should be the other way around.  I should have to sign my kids in to school each year.  Compulsory education is not what I believe this country should have ever agreed to.  However, I am so grateful to live in a country where I still have the freedom to educate my children the way I see fit.

I am so excited for homeschooling this year.  I have so many plans and am excited to see how well I do at executing them.  The kids are excited too.

As a reminder, if you are sending your kids to public school, please watch the assignments they bring home.  If you do not like the material that they bring home, speak up.  Talk to their teacher, their principal, the superintendent in their school district about your concerns.  The new state standards that were adopted in over 45 states in America are truly horrifying.  Do not be afraid to homeschool.  If I could afford a private school, and we lived near one, I would consider that too.  It has been said, and I agree with it, that even a parents' worst effort at homeschooling their child is better than the schooling being offered at the public schools because a parent loves their child more than anyone else ever could.

In other news, the company Jared works for still has yet to find a replacement for his current position.  They haven't told Jared 'no, you don't get the job' yet, but it only follows that they will with how long they are searching for other candidates to interview for this position.  We have had spiritual confirmations that either way, the Lord is with us and He will take care of us.

No comments: