Friday, October 23, 2009


The last couple of days have been so good. I am so grateful Joanna has given me courage to say the tender feelings of my heart. Thanks Jo for sharing your courage.


As I have been bearing my testimony, it has become stronger.


This morning as I was writing my email to the family, I felt such a good feeling. I felt like I was giving them the yummiest piece of Shepherds pie, with some yummy potatoe, with yummy green beans and hamburger in it. I felt like I was saying, 'Here, try this yummy word of God. It is delicious to the soul, and sweet above all that is sweet. It will fill you.'


Of course, the Holy Ghost gave those words to me. I know I wouldn't have been able to write that email on my own because I have had times when I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting and there was nothing inside of me to say.


As for myself, I am nothing, but in Christ Jesus I can do all things.... It is true. I just wanted to say it again..



In other news, Vanessa is upstairs right now playing the violin. She is playing Book of Mormon Stories... And now she is playing Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam. Something has happened to her the last week since I started requiring her to practice for an hour a day. I am loving it!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

She is beautiful. And I bet she will become a great violinist - if she desires that and keeps practicing.

Sarah, you are becoming a wonderful mother. I see that you have caught sight of the beauty of how to be a great mother/wife/and servant. Keep it up. And keep sharing your thoughts and testimony with us.

Isn't that right - we are nothing, but in Christ Jesus we can do all things. What I have experienced from this great scripture , is that when we receive wisdom and become more knowledgable, it is hard to remain humble, meek, submissive, patient - all those good things that help us to become more like Him. I have found that I quickly become puffed up in the pride of my heart, thinking I am better than another. I quickly recognized this - I don't want to feel that way, and once I recognized my poor actions - I was overcome with humility. I love feeling humble, meek, lowly of heart... for I know that that is how we stay close to the Spirit.

Hope you are all enjoying your time together as a family on this Saturday.

Love you guys.