Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Day of Worship

Last night we had the second of four lessons for Family Night about the Resurrection. I had put pieces of paper in a plastic Easter egg that had St. John 20 written on it. Vanessa, Eric, Joseph, and Rex each got one since they are the kids in the family that can read. I hid them in the kitchen before we started Family Night. After the prayer and the song, the kids went into the kitchen to find their egg. After they read their scripture, we talked about how Mary must have felt to see Jesus standing there outside of the sepluchre and how just three days earlier she had just seen him beaten and hanging on the cross. It was very touching to hear that when Mary sat there weeping and Jesus spoke to her that she immediately recognized his voice. She must have been stunned and overwhelmed. I can't wait for Family Night next week to hear once again how the apostles reacted to Jesus's resurrection.

 After our Family Night, Jared and I headed 80 minutes south to see a Jazz game. We were given the tickets by a co-worker of Jared's. What a stark contrast to attend that Jazz game after our wonderful lesson at home. It was difficult to enjoy the game, and in fact, I didn't try very hard to enjoy it. It was nice to be with Jared together without the distractions and interruptions of the kids. I used to love the Jazz and would have loved going to a game, but it just doesn't have the thrill it once had. Don't get me wrong here, I am just fine not being that into the Jazz. I love my new life and the greater joy I have found.

We are in a day of worship. Joseph Smith was given the restored Church of Jesus Christ. We each have the privilege to study what Joseph Smith has restored and judge for ourselves what we think of it. Having Family Night each Monday night is one of the things we do to show our belief in Christ's restored church. I love that I can show what I think of Christ everyday as I worship Him and follow His prophets.

No comments: