Thursday, March 7, 2013

Disturbed And Beautiful

I read this from Ezra Taft Benson this morning and wanted to post it because I agree with it:

'Our prayers should be meaningful and pertinent. Do not use the same phrases at each prayer. Each of us would become disturbed if a friend said the same few words to us each day, treated the conversation as a chore, and could hardly wait to finish it in order to turn on the TV and forget us.' - Ezra Taft Benson

In other news, Vanessa gave a talk on Individual Worth last night at her Young Women's New Beginnings night.  I helped her fine tune her talk.  But, it was when she gave the talk that I was able to hear how she really felt about what she was saying.  She got emotional and teary as she spoke of Jesus Christ and of the love she feels from her Heavenly Father.  She spoke of the talent that her Heavenly Father has given her with the violin.  She told how she loves to hear how other's have felt of Heavenly Father's love for them through her music too and that it is beautiful to her.  I don't get to see this side of Vanessa.  In the normal course of the day, we don't get spiritual.  At family home evening she doesn't show us her feelings.  I have heard her bare her testimony at family night, but she didn't get emotional. 

Heavenly Father is so kind to us.  He is so patient.  He is firm, but loving.  I love how He hasn't given up on me.  I love how He hasn't given up on any of us.  He wants us to do our best and is always reaching out to us to lift us from where we are.  I love Him.



No comments: